First snow at Whistler
Fri 15 September 06
Its still a couple of months till it opens but 15cm of fresh snow and its starting to look the part
First snow at Whistler ©
September 14, 2006 – Winter provided Whistler with a sneak peek of what’s to come as the resort received the first snowfall of the season last night. Over 15 centimetres was measured this morning at the Roundhouse Lodge on Whistler Mountain (1,850 metres/6,069 feet), and as snow covers the mountains thoughts are ever increasingly turning to the upcoming 2006-2007 ski and snowboard season.
“Fall is the season of anticipation for skiers and riders everywhere,” says Stuart Rempel, Whistler Blackcomb’s senior vice president of marketing and sales. “While everyone’s stomping around their houses breaking in new boots and making sure their new jackets are indeed waterproof, Whistler Blackcomb is busy rolling out fantastic early season value for our guests, and preparing the mountain for the season ahead. Crews are working hard to complete the Symphony Express chairlift which will open on Whistler this November.”
Whistler Blackcomb offers some advice on how to prepare for the winter ahead:
- Get the pass – Early bird deadline for season passes is October 9.
- Get stoked – Whistler Blackcomb presents the World Premiere of Matchstick Productions latest ski movie “PUSH”, September 21 at the Roundhouse Lodge.
- Get the gear – Check out the Whistler Blackcomb Turkey Sale October 7-9 featuring over 20,000 square feet of ski and snowboard equipment up to 70 per cent off.
- Get the deal – Book a visit to Whistler Blackcomb by November 15 and save up to 36 per cent on lodging and lift tickets.
- Get up here – Ride the new Symphony Express high speed quad to the peak of Piccolo on Whistler Mountain and experience the vast open bowls, deep powder and gladed finales of the Symphony Amphitheatre.
Whistler Blackcomb’s official opening day is November 23.
[from press release]
Mon 18 September 06, Laax, Switzerland
The 2006/2007 Burton Global Open Series presented by Motorola will award the largest single title payout in snowboarding history; the lucky so & so's
Thu 28 September 06, Davos, Switzerland
one of only six 6-star TTR World Snowboard Tour events on the calendar, and sure to bring the top riders to Davos in the Quarterpipe and halfpipe competitions
Tue 03 October 06, Val Thorens, France
Evening opening of the longest toboggan piste in Europe
Wed 04 October 06, Castle Mountain , Canada
New Back Country Terrain in Castle
Tue 10 October 06
Free and Discounted tickets to London Ski and Board show
“Major riding for all styles and all levels, especially backcountry and amazing park and pipes.But take note: lift queues can be very long, especially at Easter and Christmas. Avoid major holidays if an option and Sundays are quieter than Saturdays, especially on Blackcomb. Great summer riding on Blackcomb Glacier.”