First snow at Whistler
Fri 15 September 06
Its still a couple of months till it opens but 15cm of fresh snow and its starting to look the part
September 14, 2006 – Winter provided Whistler with a sneak peek of what’s to come as the resort received the first snowfall of the season last night. Over 15 centimetres was measured this morning at the Roundhouse Lodge on Whistler Mountain (1,850 metres/6,069 feet), and as snow covers the mountains thoughts are ever increasingly turning to the upcoming 2006-2007 ski and snowboard season.
- Get the pass – Early bird deadline for season passes is October 9.
- Get stoked – Whistler Blackcomb presents the World Premiere of Matchstick Productions latest ski movie “PUSH”, September 21 at the Roundhouse Lodge.
- Get the gear – Check out the Whistler Blackcomb Turkey Sale October 7-9 featuring over 20,000 square feet of ski and snowboard equipment up to 70 per cent off.
- Get the deal – Book a visit to Whistler Blackcomb by November 15 and save up to 36 per cent on lodging and lift tickets.
- Get up here – Ride the new Symphony Express high speed quad to the peak of Piccolo on Whistler Mountain and experience the vast open bowls, deep powder and gladed finales of the Symphony Amphitheatre.
Mon 18 September 06, Laax, Switzerland
The 2006/2007 Burton Global Open Series presented by Motorola will award the largest single title payout in snowboarding history; the lucky so & so's
Thu 28 September 06, Davos, Switzerland
one of only six 6-star TTR World Snowboard Tour events on the calendar, and sure to bring the top riders to Davos in the Quarterpipe and halfpipe competitions
Tue 03 October 06, Val Thorens, France
Evening opening of the longest toboggan piste in Europe
Wed 04 October 06, Castle Mountain , Canada
New Back Country Terrain in Castle
Tue 10 October 06
Free and Discounted tickets to London Ski and Board show