British Snow Tour Announces 2009 line-up
Wed 20 May 09
Over 130 British Championship medals are up for grabs along with prestigious TTR World Ranking points and a credit crunch-busting combined prize purse of over £20,000
The 2009 British Snowboard and Freeski Tour returns this summer serving up 12 British Championship events across four of the UK’s most established snowsport hotspots, Norfolk, Milton Keynes, Glasgow and Castleford. Over 130 British Championship medals are up for grabs along with prestigious TTR World Ranking points and a credit crunch-busting combined prize purse of over £20,000!
To make it even easier for everyone to get their shred on this summer the British Snow Tour has also introduced some amazing credit crunch specials, including:
• FREE beginner lessons during each Championship event.
• Entry to 3 indoor Championship events for the price of 2.
• A mini ‘Artificial BRITS’ – Three artificial snowboard and freeski Championships over one bigger, better and more cost-effective weekend event.
British Snow Tour dates for your diaries:
British Artificial Championships:
• 12th & 13th September 2009 – Norfolk, British Snowboard & Freeski Big Air, Slopestyle & Snowboard /Skiercross Championships
British Indoor Championships:
• 19th September 2009 – Milton Keynes, British Snowboard & Freeski Big Air Championships
• 26th September 2009 – Glasgow, British Snowboard/Skiercross Championships
• 3rd October 2009 - Castleford, British Snowboard & Freeski Slopestyle Championships
British Invitational Championships:
• 23rd October – Metro Ski & Snowboard Show
The British Snow Tour is open to all ability levels from novice to pro and is served up across five age categories, Kids, Youth, Junior, Senior and Masters. Pre-registration opens on the 1st August, so to book your spot to compete, find out more event news and info and snap up those credit crunch specials go to: www.britishsnowtour.com
Wed 20 May 09, Snowpark, New Zealand
Sam Lee of Snow Park NZ said they have the biggest base they'd ever seen at this time of year. Enough said.
Fri 05 June 09, Cardrona, New Zealand
Thedbo Freeride Series, Burton New Zealand Open, Oakley Stylewars, Boost Mobile Sno Sho and yet more competitions to be announced in what could be an epic season in Australia and New Zealand
Fri 05 June 09, Perisher, Australia
AU$5.7 million spent on snowmaking equipment, 2 new groomers and a major refit of their visitor centre are the major changes ready for their new season
Thu 11 June 09, Cardrona, New Zealand
The festivities will kick off on Monday, August 10 with a free opening party featuring Sunshine Soundsystem in Queenstown, NZ at the Skyline Gondola, followed by an after party at Rattlesnake Bar.
Thu 11 June 09
France and Canada will re-open for summer skiing in the next few weeks taking the number of countries with ski areas open back in to double figures! However after last week’s new snow in Austria and Norway, no fresh snow has been reported in the northern hemisphere in the past seven days.