BEO10 Slopestyle qualification results
Tue 12 January 10
The top 18 men and the top 13 ladies advance into the semi-finals where they will meet invited top-riders. Britains Jamie Nicholls qualified in 14th place and Aimee Fuller came 4th in the womens.
Sunshine and blue skies welcomed the riders today on the fourth day of the 2010 Burton European Open. 40 men who came through from the Pre-Qualifications and 50 women had two runs to prove their skills. The top 18 men and the top 13 ladies advance into the semi-finals where they will meet invited top-riders like last year’s BEO slopestyle winner Lisa Wiik and Swatch TTR World Champion 08/09 Peetu Piiroinen. Slovenian Luka Jeromel was dominating the men’s qualification and will go with confidence into the semi-finals. On the women’s side it was 12-year-old Ty Walker from the US who earned most points from the judges today.
In the morning the men got things started on a perfectly prepared slopestyle course. Luka Jeromel seemed clearly ahead compared to his fellow competitors. Luka started his run with a frontside boardslide on the box, a backflip off the pole jam, a backside disaster on the jib tube, frontside boardslide on the box, frontside 540 tailgrab on the quarterpipe feature and finished his run with a frontside 720 tail, a backside 900 mute and a cab 720 mute on the kicker-line.
On the women’s side it was US rider Ty Walker, who already won the BEO slopestyle junior comp last weekend, who impressed most! Ty was allowed to ride the women’s competition as she won the BEO junior slopestyle last year and an invitation was given to her to start in the women’s field. And – what a surprise – the youngest of all ladies today – was the one with the highest score (79.33) in front of last weekend’s Roxy Chicken Jam winner Enni Rukajärvi from Finland.
The best 18 men and 13 ladies advance to the slopestyle semi-finals to meet the seeded invited riders.
Tomorrow, Wednesday, the women’s halfpipe qualifications and the men’s slopestyle semi-finals are on the programme.
Slopestyle Qualification Men Results
1. Jeromel Luka SLO FORUM 81.33
2. Ciancaleoni Giorgio ITA BURTON 73.00
3. Lipsanen Janne FIN RIPCURL 72.83
4. Paumola Ville FIN QUIKSILVER 72.67
5. Ryan Sean USA FORUM 71.00
6. Tiller Sondre NOR DC SHOE CO USA 70.50
7. Hast Miikka FIN PROTEST 70.17
8. Morgan Ethan GER FORUM 69.67
9. Uotila Ville FIN ATOMIC 69.33
10. Nordgaard Trym NOR QUIKSILVER 69.17
11. Arvidsson Nils SWE RIPCURL 69.00
12. Sørensen Paal NOR QUIKSILVER 68.83
13. Braaten Gjermund NOR OAKLEY 68.50
14. Nicholls Jamie GBR QUIKSILVER 67.00
15. Tonteri Roope FIN BURTON 66.00
16. McMorris Mark CAN ONEILL 62.33
17. Backstrom Kevin SWE BURTON 62.00
18. Neraker Simmen NOR 32 SNOWBOARD 61.83
Slopestyle Qualfication Women Results
1. Walker Ty USA ROXY 79.33
2. Rukajärvi Enni FIN ROXY 78.00
3. Somaini Carla SUI NEVER SUMMER 70.67
4. Fuller Aimee GBR ROXY 67.50
5. van Gils Charlotte NED K2 63.17
6. Karlinski Jordie USA NIKITA 61.17
7. Nadig Helen SUI ZIMTSTERN 60.67
8. Van Der Pouw Britte NED ROXY 59.00
9. Alekhina Elena RUS Roxy 58.83
10. Sadlowski Diana POL CONTRACT 56.67
11. Zabranska Lucie CZE ROXY 56.33
12. Pribosic Urska SLO ELAN 55.67
13. Ramholt Tina SUI HORSEFEATHER 54.83
If you can’t make it to Laax, watch the finals live on www.GO211.com:
Jan. 13th Live Web Cast start @ 12h15 (CET)
Jan. 14th Live Web Cast start @ 12h00 (CET)
Jan. 15th Live Web Cast start @ 11h15 (CET)
Jan. 16th Live Web Cast start @ 11h15 (CET)
For more information on the Burton European, head to www.opensnowboarding.com
Wed 13 January 10, Laax, Switzerland
At the Burton European Open in Laax, Switzerland Brit Jamie Nicholls made the slopestyle final 16, after his top 10 finish in the semis.
Wed 13 January 10, Whistler/Blackcomb, Canada
* Chamonix Snow Tally Reaches 4m. * Rain at 2010 Olympic Venue closes slopes. * 2km long snow slope opens in The Netherlands, ride up provided by free six-seat chairlift.. * Good conditions in the Alps . * Good conditions in North America.
Thu 14 January 10, Laax, Switzerland
At the Burton European Open in Laax, it was mens halfpipe qualification & semi final day. 20-years-old Finnish rider Ilkka-Eemeli Laari came 1st. Brit Ben Kilner narrowly missed out of the finals, finishing in 18th place.
Fri 15 January 10, Laax, Switzerland
Finnish riders Peetu Piiroinen (21 years old) and Enni Rukajärvi (19 years old) were the big winners of an exciting slopestyle finals up on Crap Sogn Gion today. Watch the highlights here.
Sun 17 January 10, Laax, Switzerland
Poland's Paulina Ligocka (25 years old) and Finland's Peetu Piiroinen (21 years old) won the 11th Burton European Open halfpipe event yesterday
9-16 January 10
The biggest event in the European calendar is in Laax once more