Providing free and discounted skiing and riding is an unprecedented perk for those coming to the first-ever Snow Show in Denver. CSCUSA and SIA provided registered Snow Show attendees with coupons for free and two-for- one lift tickets for use at 21 member resorts for three days before and/or three days after the Snow Show. Snow Show attendees will be able to take full advantage of the world-class terrain that makes Colorado Ski Country the top destination for skiing and riding.
“With the 21 participating resorts offering more than 28,000 acres of skiable terrain and Mother Nature providing the quality snow conditions Colorado is known for, Show attendees will have plenty of options for downhill adventure during their visit,” explains Melanie Mills, president and CEO of Colorado Ski Country USA.
Details regarding free and discounted lift ticket offers can be found by visiting www.snowsports.org.
Resorts offering free and discounted skiing and riding include: Arapahoe Basin, Aspen Highlands, Aspen Mountain, Buttermilk, Copper Mountain, Crested Butte, Echo Mountain, Eldora, Howelsen, Loveland (two-for-one offer only), Monarch Mountain, Powderhorn, Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort, Ski Cooper, Snowmass, SolVista Basin, Steamboat, Sunlight, Telluride, Winter Park and Wolf Creek Ski Area.
Après Ski and Ride Party
Open to both Snow Show attendees and Denver locals, the World’s Largest Après Ski and Ride Party will be held January 28-30, 2010. Headlined by Aspen/Snowmass’ live feed of ESPN’s Winter X-Games Fourteen on a 26-foot screen in Skyline Park, many CSCUSA member resorts have partnered with a downtown bar or club for the three-day party. Individual resorts and downtown venues are offering their own combinations of party particulars including drawings for lift tickets and merchandise as well as food and drink specials.
Details on resort and venue parings and promotions are below and more information can be found at www.denverapres.com.
Aspen/Snowmass & Skyline Park Outdoor Viewing Party
· Aspen/Snowmass is screening Winter X Games on a 26-foot inflatable screen in Skyline Park, located in the heart of downtown Denver along the 16th Street Mall and at the base of the large Westin Hotel. Outdoor public screenings will be in Hi-Def with tiered viewing.
· The resort will host a beer garden, along with other food and hot drink offerings.
· Public outdoor screenings will start at 5pm Thursday through Saturday night and end with each night's telecast at 9pm. On Thursday and Saturday, a previous telecast will be shown prior to the live telecast.
Aspen/Snowmass & Earl’s, Paramount
· Aspen/Snowmass will host Winter X Games viewing parties at two downtown Denver locations (The Paramount and Earl's).
· Staff will be outfitted in Aspen/Snowmass and Winter X Games gear.
· Each location will be decked out in branded glassware for drink service and other resort-themed. decorations, such as banners, posters, and table tents.
SolVista Basin & Rialto Café with Grand Marnier
· On Friday, January 29th from 8:00pm to 12:00am, SolVista will take over Rialto Café with Grand Marnier
· SolVista will offer Grand Marnier drink specials for the duration of the convention, and other selected drink specials.
· Resort reps will be giving out lift tickets, golf passes and Grand Marnier gifts and free drinks.
· SolVista and Rialto will also display an ice sculpture with luge.
Powderhorn & Marlowes
· Powderhorn and Marlowes are partying all three nights from 5-10pm.
· They are hosting drink specials and vendor giveaways every hour.
· Guests who order the featured drink can receive a free lift ticket (up to 100 given away each night).
· Guests can register to win weekend getaways to Powderhorn including 1 night lodging and 2 lift tickets, Loki outerwear, and a Burton snowboard
Echo Mountain & The Rio Grande
· Echo and the Rio are celebrating the full three nights of Après.
· The two are offering drink specials all day and night to anyone with an SIA badge.
· Echo Mountain’s street team will be out in full force with swag, tickets and more.
Loveland & Katie Mullens
· Another three night gig
· Loveland is giving away Loveland swag, lift tickets and 4-Paks each night and even a 2009-10 Season Pass on Saturday night.
· Thursday night features a piano sing-a-long at 9:30pm.
· Friday from 5:00 - 8:00pm, Pairadeux takes the stage followed by the resident DJ at 10:00pm.
· The Potcheen Folk Band on Saturday night plays Celtic Pirate Punk Rock at 10:00pm.
· Drink specials all weekend long.
· Katie Mullens and Jaegermeister will also have an ice luge on the patio on Saturday night.
Monarch & Blake Street Vault
· Three nights of après is happening at the Monarch & Blake Street Vault.
· The resort is giving away tons of lift tickets each day and one snow cat trip will be given away each day.
Telluride & Appaloosa Grill
· Telluride and Appaloosa will give away lift tickets, swag and offer drink and food specials.
Other resort-bar match-ups for the Après party include: Copper Mountain & Lucky Strike Lanes, Winter Park & Wynkoop, Steamboat & Hard Rock Café, Arapahoe Basin & Tilted Kilt, Durango Mountain Resort & Rock Bottom Brewery