Halfpipe qualification at the BEO2011
Wed 12 January 11
16 year old Jan Scherrer (SUI) won the Men's Qualifications, and UK rider Ben Kilner also qualified. Australian Holly Crawford, BEO 2007 Halfpipe winner, landed on the top spot in the Women's Qualification
The sun was out again up on Crap Sogn Gion in LAAX today to welcome the riders for the 4th day at the 12th Burton European Open, the Men’s and Women’s Halfpipe Qualification. 16 year old Jan Scherrer (SUI) won the Men’s Qualifications, Australian Holly Crawford, BEO 2007 Halfpipe winner, landed on the top spot in the Women’s Qualification.
The best 40 men from yesterday’s Pre-Qualification and 32 ladies had two runs each, the best one counted. Jan Scherrer’s best run included a backside 900, a frontside 720, cab 720 and a crippler at the end. Yesterday’s Pre-Qualification winner Nathan Johnstone ended up 4th today. On the women’s side 2007 BEO Halfpipe winner Holly Crawford secured the top spot with a frontside air, backside air, air to fakie, cab 720, frontside 720 and a cab 360 at the last hit.
Today’s top 20 men and top 5 women qualified for the Semi-Finals where they will meet the seeded invited riders, the crème de la crème of snowboarding, among them BGOS and TTR Champion 09/10 Peetu Piiroinen (FIN), Iouri Podladtchikov (SUI) and Olympic Gold Medalist Kelly Clark (USA).
The 12th BEO continues tomorrow, Wednesday, Jan. 12th, with Men’s Slopestyle Qualifications and Semi-Finals.
Don’t miss the LIVE web-cast on www.metacafe.com and www.burton.com/events starting in the semi finals in the afternoon.
Results Halfpipe Qualification Men
1. Scherrer Jan (SUI), NIKE, 91.83
2. Esser Brett (USA), SMITH, 91,67
3. Farrow Benji (USA), PACSUN, 91.00
4. Johnstone Nathan (AUS), RIPCURL, 90.50
5. James Scotty (AUS), RED BULL, 89.83
6. Kleivdal Roger (NOR), SWEET, 89,00
7. Kilner Ben (GBR), PROTEST, 87.83
8. Shaw Spencer (USA), UNDER ARMOUR, 86.67
9. Van Der Wal Dolf (NED), PROTEST, 86.33
10. Brown Mitchell (NZL), RIPCURL, 84.83
11. Swanson Brennen (USA), RIDE, 83.00
12. Jones Quinton (USA), FLOW, 80.83
13. Moline Scott (USA), O'NEILL, 78.17
14. Campbell Mike (USA), UNITY, 75.17
15. Koch Lucien (SUI), O'NEILL, 74.83
16. Tierney Chris (USA), LIBTECH, 73.50
17. Hryckiewicz Ryan (USA), NICHE, 69.83
18. Oesch Adrian (SUI), RIDE, 68.67
19. Grimsrud Per Iver (NOR), NITRO, 65.33
20. Stewart Ben (NZL), O'NEILL, 64.17
Results Halfpipe Qualification Women
1. Crawford Holly (AUS), ROSSIGNOL, 97.33
2. Yamaoka Soko (JPN), NOVEMBER, 92.00
3. Purtschert Nadja (SUI), O`NEILL, 89,50
4. Sinclair Rebecca (NZL), BILLABONG, 83.67
5. Brown Kendall ROXY(NZL), ROXY, 80.83
Thu 13 January 11, Laax, Switzerland
Two-time Burton Global Open Series overall winner Peetu Piiroinen qualified in first place as 42 became 10 in the mens slopestyle semi finals. Britain's Jamie Nicholls narrowly missed out on the finals, finishing 13th.
Thu 13 January 11, Laax, Switzerland
Despite challenging weather conditions, men's halfpipe and women's slopestyle semi-final competitions finished up at the BEO today with the men kicking things off in the halfpipe followed by the women in the slopestyle course
Fri 14 January 11, Laax, Switzerland
It was men's and women's slopestyle finals competition day at the Burton European Open where Jamie Anderson (USA) and up-and-coming Finnish rider Roope Tonteri took home first place
Sun 16 January 11, Laax, Switzerland
The Halfpipe finals closed a week of competition at the Burton European Open in Laax, and it was Kelly Clark and Peetu Piiroinen who came away with the top honours.
Sun 16 January 11, Ischgl, Austria
The Killers will be playing the season closing event at Ischgl on Saturday 30 April
8-15 January 11
The biggest event in European snowboarding, the 6*TTR Burton European Open is being held as always in Laax, Switerland