Over sixty (60) days of skiing and riding remain in the season at Whistler Blackcomb, offering one of the longest seasons in North America.
“We are in the midst of another fantastic winter season here in Whistler so spring will have to wait just a little bit longer,” says Doug MacFarlane, Whistler Blackcomb mountain operations manager. “We’ve received over 342 cm (135 in.) of snowfall so far in March alone, making for some of the best spring conditions we’ve ever had. Extending the ski season on Blackcomb and giving the people what they want was an easy decision.”
When spring does arrive it will be celebrated in style in Whistler with gorgeous conditions, great deals and fun events.
- Current cumulative snowfall this season: 1184 cm (456 in.); 143 cm (56 in.) above Whistler Blackcomb’s annual snowfall average.
- 342 cm (135 in.) of snowfall so far in March (as of the 3:30pm Snow Report on March 28, 2012) making this the snowiest March on record.
- With a snow base of 346 cm (136 in), the spring skiing and riding will be awesome.
- Ski and Stay packages are available from $132 CDN per person, per night through April 22.
- 2012.2013 Season Pass and EDGE Cards on sale as of March 29, 2012 at the guaranteed lowest prices.
- TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival Lift and Lodging packages available from $79 per person, per night.
- The TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival takes place April 13-22.
- World Skiing Invitational takes place April 19 through April 22 with the Superpipe finals taking place on Sunday, April 22. Watch future Olympians compete.
For more information about Whistler Blackcomb, additional events and up to the minute conditions visit whistlerblackcomb.com.