Les 2 Alpes' Glacier opens for Summer 2012
Thu 14 June 12
Thanks to the large amount of snowfalls during winter 2011-12, as well as some recent snowfalls Les 2 Alpes Glacier is ready to open for the summer.
The glacier offers excellent condition, from 3,600m to 3,200m.and will be open every day, from 7.15 to 12.30, until Saturday 1st September 2012.
An average of 2,000 riders ascend Les 2 Alpes’ glacier every day, making a total of 135,201 riders in a single summer.
The glacier is characterised by its gentle incline and wide runs that allow beginners to learn how to ski and snowboard with ease. 40% of the resort’s clientele in the summer also come to perfect their freestyle technique in the snowpark.
Summer at the Glacier compromises of:
- 18 hectares open from 7.30am to 1pm / beginners, advanced, lessons or individuals.
- Served by 2 draglifts and a ski tow dedicated to the 2 pipes.
- 2 half pipes, one of which is an Olympic-size super pipe, hips, quarters, modules, whoops, hand rails, big airs, … Includes a pro zone, an advanced zone and a fun zone.
- Constant entertainment and activities: PA system, DJ decks, barbecue, equipment testing and competitions for beginners.
- 9 members of staff and 30 volunteer shapers every day.
- Summer camps since 1996… A real success! The concept: 1 week, 1 Freestyle course, 1 accommodation, 1 ski pass, meals and coaching with 1 instructor, riding idols, snowsports heroes, and star brands.
Day pass: Adult: €35.30 /-13yrs and + 65yrs: €28.30
½ day pass (from 9.30am): Adult: €28.30 /-13yrs and + 65yrs: €23.10
6-day + pass:
Unlimited access to ski lifts for summer skiing and walking + complementary facilities (swimming pool, ice-rink, tennis, archery, golf, water sports, summer tobogganing) and preferential rates for other activities.
Adult 6-day pass: €177 /-13yrs and + 65yrs: €141.60
Fri 15 June 12, Mount Baw Baw, Australia
Last weekend saw Mt Baw Baw open for the 2012 season with plenty of snow, smiles and free snowboarding!
Fri 15 June 12, Snowpark, New Zealand
The New Zealand Open is now called Burton High Fives and is an invite only 5Star TTR World Tour event.
Mon 18 June 12, Mount Buller, Australia
The Bonza chairlift is the only new chairlift to be built anywhere in Australia or New Zealand this year!
Tue 19 June 12, The Remarkables, New Zealand
The ski area opened as scheduled this morning thanks to cold temperatures which enabled consistent snowmaking throughout the week and topped up by some natural snow falls.
Wed 20 June 12
Echo mountain, just outide of Denver in Colorado, is currently up for sale. It's only 226 acres but only a third of it has currently been developed, and they build a great park every season. It's up for auction and sealed bids need to be received by August 2, so best get moving!