Opened in 2006, Echo Mountain is a 35 mile drive west of Denver with north-facing terrain (that varies from 9000 to 11,000 feet in elevation) . The season frequently stretches from November into May and averages 5.5m of snowfall.
Known as Denver’s closest and most affordable family-oriented ski and snowboard area, Echo Mountain provides guests with an easily accessible year-round destination for downhill skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, lessons, mountain biking, hiking, and picnics, as well as special events including weddings, corporate retreats and private gatherings.
The area was bought for $700,000 back in 2006, but in this climate who knows what it might go for ..
Factors Contributing to Investment Opportunity:
- Steady revenue growth in recent years
- Expansion is available through trades or leases with the US Forest Service (USFS) managed property which surrounds the resort or by trading land above the road for adjacent plots.
- Additional expansion opportunities for development as: an all-season resort; private club with homes; and/or ultimate sport park
- Advertising and product promotion opportunities throughout the property with branding potential for individual slopes or area as a whole
- One of 26 active permitted ski areas in Colorado
- Food, liquor, and retail licenses
If you're interested:
Sealed Bid Deadline for Echo Mountain Ski Resort: August 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm MDT. Bids are to be delivered to: Sheldon Good & Company, Attn: Echo Mountain Property Manager, 4155 E. Jewell Avenue, Suite 1108, Denver, CO 80222