Buy a ski resort!
Wed 20 June 12
Echo mountain, just outide of Denver in Colorado, is currently up for sale. It's only 226 acres but only a third of it has currently been developed, and they build a great park every season. It's up for auction and sealed bids need to be received by August 2, so best get moving!
Opened in 2006, Echo Mountain is a 35 mile drive west of Denver with north-facing terrain (that varies from 9000 to 11,000 feet in elevation) . The season frequently stretches from November into May and averages 5.5m of snowfall.
Known as Denver’s closest and most affordable family-oriented ski and snowboard area, Echo Mountain provides guests with an easily accessible year-round destination for downhill skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, lessons, mountain biking, hiking, and picnics, as well as special events including weddings, corporate retreats and private gatherings.
The area was bought for $700,000 back in 2006, but in this climate who knows what it might go for ..
Factors Contributing to Investment Opportunity:
- Steady revenue growth in recent years
- Expansion is available through trades or leases with the US Forest Service (USFS) managed property which surrounds the resort or by trading land above the road for adjacent plots.
- Additional expansion opportunities for development as: an all-season resort; private club with homes; and/or ultimate sport park
- Advertising and product promotion opportunities throughout the property with branding potential for individual slopes or area as a whole
- One of 26 active permitted ski areas in Colorado
- Food, liquor, and retail licenses
If you're interested:
Sealed Bid Deadline for Echo Mountain Ski Resort: August 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm MDT. Bids are to be delivered to: Sheldon Good & Company, Attn: Echo Mountain Property Manager, 4155 E. Jewell Avenue, Suite 1108, Denver, CO 80222
Thu 21 June 12, Falls Creek, Australia
Today saw fresh snow arriving at the Australian resorts of Falls Creek and Persiher
Fri 22 June 12, Valle Nevado, Chile
Valle Nevado, El Colorado and La Parva all invest heavily for the new season!
Fri 22 June 12, Las Lenas, Argentina
The Argentinian season get underway with a number of improvements to its major resorts.
Fri 22 June 12, Mammoth Mountain, USA
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Chairman and CEO, announced today the company will not operate June Mountain this summer and for the upcoming winter season.
Tue 26 June 12, Treble Cone, New Zealand
A wintry blast overnight brought over 35cms of fresh snow to the South Island’s largest ski area, Treble Cone.