Nearly half-a-million Crystal customers have used this route since 2004. It also offers direct road access to Rhône-Alpes motorways and is the best possible gateway to France’s ski resorts.
VINCI Airports, which operates Chambéry Savoie on behalf of the local authority (Council of Savoie), recruits and trains more than 250 seasonal workers in the airport providing efficient management of ski flights.
However, traffic is concentrated on weekends with more than 50 commercial flights landing and over 13,000 travellers passing through the airport creating bottlenecks for Crystal customers which have been identified and brought to the airport management’s attention.
With the new public service delegation contract in 2013 VINCI Airports plans to invest 10 million euros over the period of 16 years to make the airport’s infrastructure more convenient for travellers.
The following investment in the airports’ infrastructure has been agreed:
- Revised queuing system and additional baggage belts to improve check-in time and experience
- Reorganised passport control and security flow, increased queuing area as well as an additional security line check
- Enhanced departure lounge area to improve comfort for passengers waiting to board their flights
- Extension of shops
- New signage throughout the terminal to improve information and the flow of passengers
- New procedures for runway usage to reduce flight disruption in case of adverse wind conditions
- Refurbished toilet facilities throughout the terminal
Nicolas Pelerin, Chambéry Savoie airport Manager, comments: “We are proud to welcome Crystal Ski Holidays’ tens of thousands British skiers every year and to offer them a better quality of services and make their journey more comfortable to the ski resorts.”
Nial McLean, General Manager France, Switzerland and Andorra, Crystal Ski Holidays: “Only a few years ago, the airport celebrated the millionth passengers arriving there. We are delighted to be working closely with our partners at Chambéry Savoie airport to improve the experience for Crystal customers, providing a good platform for a stress-free start and end to their ski holiday.”